Monday 2 February 2015

Sunday 1st February



I didn’t get to the club until Sunday morning myself, but there must be some authors who can tell us about the flying on Saturday? I did hear that a launch of 1950 ft was achieved in the splendid ridge wind that day. It was not quite so kind on Sunday, but when we not repairing cables we had at least 3 flights of an hours duration in the K21 each.

Apparently it was less turbulent on Sunday, so we were doubly blessed even though our launch heights were only 1400, but then who needs launch height with a wind like that?

When we reminisced about ridge flying we concluded that there had been at least 4/5 superb ridge days in the past few weeks, a ridge season par excellence. Sunday’s was my 4th significant ridge run since 20th December.

No photos I’m afraid, unless Dave H can be persuaded to download his.

Eric  NTD